If going to a wedding day or watching a film has brought back romantic memories of when you and your partner first met or had your first kiss, then create a kiss board so you will never forget again. This will be such a fun and loving craft project and you can be as creative as you want to be with it. We will take you through the different options for your digital texture backgrounds, what you will need to create your kiss board, how to make it and any other ideas that you might like to add.
Digital Texture Backgrounds to Choose From
Since this project has a romantic theme, you will want a background that is vintage looking, flirty and romantic. Here are a few digital texture backgrounds we recommend you use for this project:
- Light Pink Brick – This is our favourite choice for this project as we feel it would add all the qualities we want to achieve when creating this board.
- Pink Air Mail Pin Stripe – pin stripes can certainly be romantic and flirty, especially in the right choice of colours.
- Pink & White Circle Annabelle – This is a more modern looking background than brick or floral but by all means it is still very much vintage.
- Pink & White Floral April Showers – This background certainly can’t be mistaken for being anything other than vintage. It is a beautiful floral decoration and will look great for this project.
There are plenty more digital texture backgrounds to choose from if none of these take your fancy. You can find them all on the digitalprintshop.com website.
What You Will Need for Your Digital Texture Backgrounds Kiss Board
Here is a list of what you will need in order to create your own magical kiss board:
- Your Chosen Digital Texture Backgrounds
- Whipped Spackle
- Craft Mist
- Clipart Butterflies
- Clipart Flowers
- Clipart Doilies
- Clipart Borders
- Glue Gun
- Your Chosen Photo
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to get started.
How to Make Your Digital Texture Backgrounds Kiss Board
Make sure you have everything laid out close by so everything is easily accessible. It may be an idea to do this on an old sheet or a pasting table so as to create minimal mess.
- After you have downloaded your choice of digital texture backgrounds collection, print the one you want to use for this project and lay it down flat. It is up to you whether you want to glue this onto card or leave it as paper.
- Glue down your chosen clipart border to the edges of the background. You don’t want the border to be too thick so aim for roughly 1 cm.
- Lay down where you want your photo to go (this will be a circular photo) but do not glue it down. You just want to see the space around it so you know where to add the whipped spackle.
- Once you have an idea use your sponge to dab on the whipped spackle through the lattice design around the area the photo will go. Don’t add it to the whole background as it will ruin the effect.
- Use your craft mists in red and pink to flicker onto where you have placed the whipped spackle but don’t add too much. Leave to dry.
- Once dry, you can randomly glue down your clipart butterflies around the latticed area. If you have a newspaper stamp then you can use this too.
- Glue down the clipart doily in the place where your photo will go and add the circular photo to the centre of the doily and glue it down.
- Glue down a floral circle border around the photo and start adding your clipart flowers in random places around the edge of the border moving out towards the latticed area.
- Your layout should now be complete.
Other Ideas to Add
You can also add many more features to your kiss board such as wording, fake flowers, frames and painted stencil pieces. You can even add layered digital texture background for added depth. You will have a lot of fun doing this project… the more creative the better. Happy crafting!